Monday, May 17, 2010

Wk 9 - Final Folio

Ok, so for weeks now i have had this idea, but still experimenting with other concepts. I have been waiting for the opportunities to take these photos, as some of the location are 100's of Km's away. I started a few weeks ago, but this weekend i was able to go to one of the spots... Watershed Falls.

I am running with two ideas at the moment for my Final Folio, this one is called 'Escapisms.' Places, people, activities and items that i escape to. Watershed falls was a location i would go to for years to escape everything. It is near Beechworth, a secluded location surrounded by cliffs and forestry and a huge waterfall and lagoon. I would come here with my guitar and enjoy the solitude. This reminds me of the Landscape Photographer Stuart showed us in class (cannot remember his name), where he would go to secluded, hard to reach locations to capture his landscape images.

Unfortunately after capturing these images, my car has broken down on Sunday and i am still stranded in the middle of nowhere, waiting for the mechanic to order parts for my car. Not an enjoyable experience. I will upload the pics when i get to Melbourne.











No comments:

Post a Comment